The Accredited Buyer Representative designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. The coveted designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Real Estate BUYER’S AGENT Council (REBAC) of the National Association of REALTORS® who meet the specified educational and practical experience criteria.
Getting Your ABR Designation
Four (4) requirements must be met to attain and use the ABR® designation:
- Successful completion of the two-day ABR® Designation Course, including an 80% passing grade on the exam. After successful completion of the ABR Designation Course, you will have three (3) years in which to complete the other ABR designation requirements
- Successful completion of the one approved elective course, including an 80% passing grade on the exam, within three (3) years of completing the ABR® Designation Course.
- Documentation verifying five (5) completed transactions in which you acted solely as a buyer representative (no dual agency). Any transactions closed prior to taking the ABR® Designation Course or closed within three years after completing the ABR Designation Course are eligible for credit. Documentation necessary for each of your five (5) completed transactions:
- Copy of the signed buyer agency agreement OR purchase/sale agreement OR disclosure. The contract must verify the agent's name and/or include the agent's signature as the buyer's agent. Providing only the name and/or signature of the buyer's agent's broker is not sufficient.
- Copy of the closing/settlement statement verifying that each transaction closed.
- Membership in good standing in the Real Estate BUYERS AGENT Council and the National Association of REALTORS®.
For More Information
Contact REBAC at 800-648-6224 or www.rebac.net.
Click here for more information on the Designation course or approved ABR electives. You can also contact the Atlanta Board of REALTORS® Institute of Real Estate at 404-252-6768 or 800-633-3583.
Upcoming Course Information