The REALTORS® Land Institute confers its prestigious Accredited Land Consultant (ALC) Designation to only the best land professionals in the business. To qualify for the ALC designation, a land specialist must complete the organization's rigorous LANDU education program and demonstrate a proven track record in experience and success.
The REALTORS® Land Institute is the leading membership organization for land specialists involved in brokerage, sales, consulting, appraisal, development, site selection, marketing, and management of a large range of land property, such as agricultural land; ranches; recreational land; hunting property; timberland; underdeveloped tracts of land; and special purpose properties.
ALC candidates must be Institute members in good standing for at least 6 months prior to filing an ALC designation application.
Successful completion of a total of six Land University courses (3 required and 3 electives). At least 3 courses must be taken in a live classroom setting.
- Required courses (3 total):
- Land 101: Fundamentals of Land Brokerage
- Land Investment Analysis
- Tax Deferred 1031 Exchanges
- Electives (3 of 6):
- Agricultural Land Brokerage and Marketing (16 contact hours)
- The Auction Tool (8 contact hours)
- The Basics of Eminent Domain Law (8 contact hours)
- Essentials of Negotiations (16 contact hours)
- Google Earth for the Land Professional (16 contact hours)
- International Aspects of Real Estate (16 contact hours)
- Introduction to Land Valuation (16 contact hours)
- LAND 101: Fundamentals of Land Brokerage* (16 contact hours)
- Land Investment Analysis* (24 contact hours)
- Legal Aspects of Real Estate (16 contact hours)
- Mapping and Practical Navigation(16 contact hours)
- Marketing Strategies (16 contact hours)
- Mineral, Oil, and Property Rights (16 contact hours)
- Site Selection (16 contact hours)
- Strategic Planning for Your Business (16 contact hours)
- Tax Deferred 1031 Exchanges* (16 contact hours)
- Tax Implications of Real Estate (16 contact hours)
- Timberland (16 contact hours)
- Transitional Land (16 contact hours)
- Other course equivalencies as approved on an individual basis
(Individuals who have successfully completed land courses provided by educational institutions or other professional organizations may apply for in-kind, or “equivalency” elective credit. Each request for such credit is reviewed on an individual basis. Course outline(s), proof of completion, and related documents must be submitted for consideration. Each equivalency submission requires an $80 review fee. Equivalency requests must include a complete course syllabus and proof of completion. Candidates may request no more than 2 elective equivalencies. Course equivalencies are not accepted in lieu of required courses.)
Presented by the REALTORS® Land Institute (RLI)
Contact RLI at RLI@realtors.org, 800/441-5263, or visit www.RLILand.com.
Upcoming Course Information