NAR's Green Designation provides advanced training in green building and sustainable business practices so that you can seek out, understand, and market properties with green features.
Builder and consumer adoption of sustainability is rapidly growing...will you be ready to guide your clients?
Consumer demand for green understanding is growing at a phenomenal rate.
Be a leader - become the green real estate resource for your community.
Green real estate is altering fundamental market dynamics. Nearly 40% of home buyers consider high-efficiency heating and cooling features to be "very important," and two-thirds of state governments have currently implemented green building policies.
To obtain and use NAR's Green Designation, three (3) requirements must be fulfilled:
Submit the member application for NAR's Green Designation with proof of completion for all course requirements and proof of your REALTOR® membership.
Maintain active and good membership status with the Green REsource Council and the National Association of REALTORS®.
- Complete the following courses and pass each exam with a score of 80 percent or higher;
Core Curriculum Includes:
- Green building concepts, principles and practices
- Marketing to the green consumer
- The financial advantages of properties that are eco-friendly and energy efficient
- The significance of LEED, Energy Star, and other rating systems
- Regulatory issues, zoning and building codes as they relate to sustainability
- Advising clients seeking qualified "green" professionals
- Sustainable communities and land planning
- Green living: housekeeping, energy efficiency and air quality
- Greening your business
- Member support with referrals, marketing tools and consumer awareness campaigns
Upcoming Course Information