Unless you are exempted from one or more of the requirements by the Georgia Real Estate Commission, to be eligible for a Georgia Registered Appraiser classification, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a resident of Georgia.
- Be a high school graduate or holder of a certification of equivalency.
- Complete a 90-hour Appraisal Pre-license course that includes 15 hours education in the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP) offered by an approved school and complete the school in-house exam.
- Obtain a copy of your Georgia Crime Information Report.
Final decisions regarding licensure are the responsibility of the Georgia Real Estate Commission. To change Appraisal classification from Registered to Licensed, an applicant must complete 2,000 hours of real property appraisal experience. For additional information about appraiser classifications, visit the websites of the Georgia Real Estate Appraisers Board at or The Appraisal Foundation.
Back to Appraisal Prelicense Course Information »